Favorite Books: An Invitation To The Garden By Michael Devine
















As you all know, I have a special passion for entertaining and setting a pretty table.   Mr. Rosemary & Thyme, knows this more than anyone else in this world. 

Last year, he came home with a surprise gift for me.  It was a copy of An Invitation to the Garden: Seasonal Entertaining Outdoors by Michael Devine.  I was like a kid in a candy store....  I am such a lucky girl!!

Truth is, I was not familiar with Michael's work at the time but once I opened the pages of his book and saw the wealth of tabletop inspiration and delightful recipes that were featured in the book, I knew that I was going to be a big fan. 

This book has been tastefully done my friends. And once I started to carefully examine each table, I quickly noticed that Michael and I shared the same passion for entertaining and setting a table.  Each table has been carefully styled and photographed so that readers may appreciate every little detail.

There are plenty of eye-catching ideas for effortless entertaining - from setting an intimate table to sunny alfresco meals as well as themed get-togethers.  

Michael also offers invaluable tips for creating the perfect ambiance, selecting the right linens, silver, napkin rings, centerpieces and putting together the menus.  There are also many of mouthwatering recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinners that are very easy to put together.  

I have no doubt that you will be inspired by this beautiful book.  In no time, you will be creating your own memorable outdoor party.


The Butterfly Luncheon



The Alfresco Evening Dinner




The Lobster Dinner








This is a book that will remain in my collection for years to come.  It is one that I turn to for inspiration and ideas through the seasons. As Charlotte Moss wrote on the forward, it is an indispensable entertaining guide. 

An for all of my followers that love to entertaining just as much as I do, I have a special surprise for you today.  Michael Devine has graciously provided an autographed copy of his book for me to giveaway to one lucky reader.   All you have to do is follow my blog and Instagram account.  Leave a simple comment as to what inspires you to set a pretty table and why you love to entertain.  I will announce the winner on Monday.

Thank you for visiting me today and a warm thank you to Michael for been such a wonderful heart.  I am eternally grateful for your support and generosity.


Good luck everyone!!!!


Janet








Comments

  1. One reason I love setting a pretty table because it makes me feel like my house is put together... even when it is messy, my table is always there to look good. It is always set, even when there is no party! So I set it for myself. This book looks fab thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dearest Janet
    I would really love to win that beautiful book.
    My hole life I have loved to make family and friends happy by making a pretty table and serve Good food. Even when I'm alone I always make a beautiful setting
    So the book Will be so welcomed by me, and I will keep it forever

    Hugs and blessings
    Lone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dearest One for this advice of yours, this wonderful book is part of my wishlist now !!!

    Wishing you a most lovely weekend ahead,
    I'm sending blessings across the many miles

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book shares so many lovely tables in the garden! Inspiration is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, my jaw dropped when I saw this blog post! So beautiful. I truly love your blog. I would have to say inspiration comes from many areas. I love to look at blogs, Instagram, even nature inspires me. I am fairly new to entertaining, so I am learning. Thank you for the chance to win this book. I can understand why you were like a kid in a candy store when you received this book. I sure hope I can have that same experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I would love a chance to win the book, and do follow your blog faithfully, I am not a fan of social media, Instagram included, so guess I am out of luck. Oh for the days when it was sufficient to follow the blog to participate. Good luck to all who are in the drawing,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, what a beautiful book and thank you for introducing him to me. I love to set a beautiful table! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some wonderful artistic bloggers who really inspire me, and besides yourself, Janet, I see a few names in the comments who are also quite talented at table setting! This looks like a very cool book; anyone would be lucky to win it. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspiring books are always welcome,but you are just great in this art and Mr Rosemary&Thyme is a great guy! Greetings,Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful table settings in blue! There such a versatility in using the color blue. Great book! Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts